It's my fault.
There. I said it.
So it follows that the knee that keeps going out ala President Ford is my fault, the cholesterol numbers are my fault, the size I can't type here because my mother might read it is my fault, and you know what? I am finally willing to take ownership.
- I want to be healthy so I can walk with my precious daughter through the roller coaster years of high school and college.
- I want to be healthy so I can celebrate where my wonderfully sweet 12 year old son has been and where he's going.
- I want to be healthy so I have the strength to guide my brilliant 9 year old son through the intellectual questions that are sure to come.
- I want to be healthy so I am less focused on ME and more on my 7 year old son who is struggling with some big issues.
- I want to be healthy and I want Keith to be healthy so we won't be the older couple who lists our ailments whenever anyone is willing to listen.
I want to feel great physically and emotionally. No more comparing myself to the weight of other moms. No more skipping doctor appointments because he has a scale there. No more excuses. And I'm not even going to celebrate writing this post by eating ice cream :)I mean it this time.
Thanks for letting me be part of this group.