Wednesday, September 16, 2009

D-Day



Well, I survived my trip to the doctor. Since this is a full-disclosure blog, I will tell you that I have had every body part imaginable examined, had the "girls" squished, and have to go back tomorrow morning to get my bloodwork done. As if that wasn't enough, I have an appointment to go in later this month and prep for endometrial ablation surgery. THAT is something I am actually looking forward to. Seriously.


My blood pressure is elevated ( 140/90 ), so they will begin to monitor that on a regular basis. Hopefully, through diet and exercise, I will be able to bring those numbers down without medication. Although, heredity is NOT on my side in this fight:(


On a much brighter note, I have been packing my lunch this week. That, in and of itself, has made me feel better!


Keep up the good work!! We can do this. Through peer pressure...;)

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm so glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you went. I can't rest easier at night!!

    A friend had the endometrial ablation done a few years ago. For her, it was a miracle worker!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very proud of you!!! I know this is a big weight off your shoulders! You can get those numbers down! Walk that gorgeous property of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go girl! Do you think all the peer pressure is the reason for the elevated blood pressure?? Oh well it sounded good! If I can get a good report so can you...and hopefully it wont take you a year! You can do it!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. You went!!!! You're still alive !!!! Yay to both!!!! I've depleted my supply of exclamation marks, but may have more by the next time you post. Good going, girl.

    ReplyDelete