First, I am a carboholic.
I love carbs in any form or fashion. I could eat them for every meal of every day for the rest of my life. Pasta, potatoes, bread, cakes, candy....Love them all. Sugar in any form or fashion.
It is an addiction. I have tried to kick it before and it caused terrible (and I mean TERRIBLE) symptoms of withdrawal. And I am weak. I don't deal with pain in good ways. So I have always gone back to my love.
Second, I am lazy.
I do not like to exercise. I would much rather sleep in. Or park my ass on the couch.
I need help. I need someone to hold me accountable, to push me along the way toward health.
So here is my plan:
- I will exercise 4 days per week for at least 45 minutes each session. It might be something formal like a class but it could just as easily be hula-hooping in my backyard. Yes, yes I know I need to be on my bike. I know I have a race coming up. So yes, biking is on the exercise agenda!
- I will make smarter decisions about my food. Grilled rather than fried. Small steps where I can.
- I will drink 32 ounces of water each day.
How have I started off on my first day of this plan?
- Exercise? Not so much. But there is still daylight left.
- Food decisions? Good. Dinner will be pizza but not the gooey-cheesy kind. It will be pesto, fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes, and grilled chicken.
- Water? Um, again not so much.
But tomorrow is another day, right?
What is your weight loss plan?